Westbourne Grammar School welcomes international students from many different countries around the world.
We have a specialist Secondary Preparation Program (English and academic program) delivered on campus and a dedicated international team to support our overseas students prior to entering mainstream study. We generally accept students for entry into Years 7-11.
Our Senior School campus is located at Truganina in Melbourne’s west, approximately 20 kms from the CBD. It is a safe and caring environment, with the majority of students allocated to local homestay families within close proximity to the School.
Why Study at Westbourne?
· Westbourne students achieve excellent academic results and gain entry into the top universities in Australia and around the world.
· Westbourne provides an inclusive, caring and supportive environment.
· We offer an extensive range of subjects in the Victorian Certificate of Education.
· Our teaching staff are highly qualified and experienced in teaching students from diverse backgrounds.
· We have a broad range of co-curricular activities.
· Our beautiful campus is in Melbourne’s west and is easily accessed by public transport.
· Westbourne-approved homestay arrangements are with local families, within close proximity to the School.
International Application Procedures
Step 1: Completing an Application
· Completed Application for Enrolment Form (download here), including Medical Data section, must be signed by both parents
· Notarised translated copies of the student’s school reports covering the last two years of study
· Verified translation of birth certificate
· AEAS test results.
· If the student is over 16, a notarised translated copy of Graduation Certificate showing that the student has achieved results allowing them to progress to the academic stream in senior secondary school, and including a score of over 75% in English.
Step 2: Assessment of Application
The Admissions Manager assesses all applications. Students may be required to complete further language or academic testing if required and, if in-country, will be required to attend an interview. The results will be communicated to the referring agent or family if it is a direct application.
Step 3: Offer of a Place
If the student’s application is successful, the School will forward a Letter of Offer and Written Agreement to the student.
Step 4: Accepting the Offer
To accept the offer of a place at Westbourne Grammar, the following must be submitted to the School:
· Written Agreement completed and signed by both parents
· Confirmation from the appointed Guardian that they accept guardianship of the student – this will be either confirmation of registration with one of our approved Guardianship services or a relative
· Confirmation of registration with Australian Homestay Network (AHN) our approved Homestay provider
· Medical Data (if this was not forwarded earlier)
· Payment of the fees in advance as requested in the Letter of Offer.
Step 5: Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) and Confirmation of Approval of Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW)
Once the payment and all documents requested in Step 4 above have been received, the School will issue the Confirmation of Enrolment and Confirmation of Approval of Accommodation and Welfare forms (if required). These documents will enable you to apply for the student visa.
Each country has different procedures and timelines for this process and we recommend that you familiarise yourself with this process before you submit your child’s application. We recommend that you use the services of an education agency to assist you with your application, visa preparation and submission. Please click this link for the School's recommended agents' list.
- INTERNATIONAL PROSPECTUS
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEES
- APPLICATION FOR ENROLMENT
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSIONS POLICY HANDBOOK ENGLISH
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSIONS POLICY HANDBOOK KOREAN
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSIONS POLICY HANDBOOK CHINESE
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSIONS POLICY HANDBOOK VIETNAMESE
- AGENTS' LIST