Junior School - Williamstown Campus
Prep to Year 3
The Williamstown Campus of Westbourne Grammar School caters for Junior School students from Preparatory level to Year 3.
Located in the inner city suburb of Newport, some 13kms from the Melbourne CBD, the campus overlooks both the bay and the city. A feature of the campus is the magnificent Victorian house known as ‘Monomeith’, which is classified by the National Trust. The size and intimate nature of this campus means that students feel part of a small, caring community.
The Junior School Campus at Williamstown offers:
- Dynamic, caring and motivated teachers
- Small classes (Prep to Year 3: on average, 20 students)
- High academic standards
- A strong focus on fundamental literacy and numeracy skills
- Quality resources
- Programs to meet the needs of individual students
- Specialist programs for all year levels including Library, LOTE (Japanese), Music, Physical Education and the Visual Arts
- A sequential and developmental Outdoor Education Program
- Diverse creative and artistic opportunities
- Comprehensive transition programs from Kindergarten to Prep and from the Williamstown Campus (Year 3) to the Truganina Campus (Year 4)
- Outside School Hours Care, including Before and After School Care
- Please note: Access to holiday programs is also available but at the Truganina venue.
"Williamstown Grammar has an extensive transition program in place which ramps up in Year 3 and gives the children accessibility and regular attendance to the Truganina campus.
The Children from Prep to Year 3 have the opportunity to get to know, and be with, their year level counterparts as part of the transition program. By the time the students progress to the Truganina campus in Year 4, they have become very familiar with the environment, their teachers and students.
The Williamstown students also go away on camps with the Truganina students which helps them form friendships with the other children. The fact that special attention is given to ensure each child has at least one of their good friends in their Year 4 class also helps make a great start to their year."
Harie and David Singline - Year 4 Parents