- Has zero tolerance for child abuse
- Actively works to listen to and empower children
- Has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the School’s policies and procedures
- Is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- Is committed to providing a safe environment for all children.
Westbourne Grammar School is committed to the protection of all children from all forms of child abuse and demonstrates this commitment through the implementation of a comprehensive Child Safe Program designed to keep children safe. We are clear about our behavioural expectations of every person in our community.
Child Safe Responsibilities
Child protection is everyone’s responsibility. All members of the School Board, Staff, Homestay families as well as Direct Contact Volunteers have a shared responsibility for contributing to the safety and protection of children and young adults
At Westbourne Grammar School, we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and are committed to acting in a child’s best interest and in keeping them safe from harm. The School regards its child protection responsibilities with the utmost importance and as such, is committed to providing the necessary resources to ensure compliance with all relevant child protection laws and regulations and maintain a child safe culture.
The School has developed the following Child Safe policies and procedures in accordance with the Victorian Child Safe Standards:
Child Safety Officers
A number of senior staff members have been nominated as Child Safety Officers. They are the first point of contact for raising child protection concerns within the School. They are also responsible for championing child protection with the School and assisting in coordinating responses to child protection incidents.
Contact details for our Child Safety Officers are listed below: