Westbourne congratulates the Class of 2018 on their success in the VCE.
‘Our Class of 2018 have been exceptional in their leadership of the school, their commitment to their studies and their willingness to embrace and participate in the many opportunities Westbourne has offered them. I am confident they will have much to offer in the years to come.’ – Meg Hansen, Principal.
Actively engaged in the life of the school and dedicated to promoting the concept of ‘student voice’, the Class of 2018 has involved itself in a wide range of sporting, cultural and community service pursuits. In particular, these young people have shown themselves to be strong advocates for the student body, most notably through their commitment to promoting Westbourne’s values and the principles of inclusion and community.
- Dux of School achieved an ATAR of 99.75
- Four students achieved an ATAR of 99.00 or above – ranking them in the top 1% in the country
- 22 students achieved an ATAR of 95.00 or above – ranking them in the top 5% of the country
- 35 students achieved an ATAR of 90.00 or above- ranking them in the top 10% in the country
- 82 students achieved an ATAR of 80.00 or above – ranking them in the top 20% of the country
- The median ATAR was 81.55
- Two perfect study scores of 50 – in Accounting and Physical Education
- There were 131 subject scores over 40 or above
The school is extremely proud of these achievements, which are a reflection of the hard work and enthusiasm of our students as well as the professionalism and dedication of Westbourne’s teachers. In congratulating everyone we also acknowledge seven of our international students on attaining an ATAR over 90 or above.